Saturday: 10am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm
* Check the
Calendar for availability
Closed Thanksgiving Day
and Christmas Day
Last ticket sold 3 hours prior to close.
Trinity Forest Adventure Park
1820 Dowdy Ferry Rd.
Dallas, TX 75217
Phone: 214-391-1000 or 1-800-688-5700
Or use our contact form.
Connect With Us
Join our e-Mail list
Get future updates & special offers
Sign up here
- SPECIAL EVENTS
- GIFT PASSES
- What is an Adventure Park?
- In 7 wooded acres at The Southern Cross Ranch is an aerial forest ropes park consisting of more than 60 platforms installed in the trees and connected by various configurations of cable, wood and rope to form bridges, ladders and zip lines. Groups of bridges link together to form separate courses.
Even though each course has zip lines, you will need to climb to get to there. There is much more fun than just zip lining! There are 6 courses in total for ages six—adult.
Each course has varying difficulty level ranging from beginner to expert. Safety comes first and the fun and excitement will come naturally.
- Trinity Forest Adventure Park is all about active participation as there are no motorized rides in the park. The courses are designed for everyone to enjoy, and designated as Yellow, Green, Blue and Black, similar to ski trails. As the levels become more difficult, the bridges become less stable under your feet requiring more balance, agility, focus and arm strength. Your time in the park is not a heart pumping activity and you do not have to be a body builder to make it through the courses. Ages
6 to teens to adults to seniors can find their comfort zone and seek greater challenges. There is no one correct way of crossing each element. We leave it up to you to figure out the most efficient way of getting from platform to platform.
- Other than park rules, the only requirement we have is that your harness be properly worn and you are always attached by one of your carabiners to the life lines on and between each platform. The dual carabiner system that we utilize prevents both carabiners from opening while the person is attached to the safety line. With this system, no one can
accidentally disconnect from the safety line during their Adventure. The danger of both carabiners being opened unintentionally has been virtually eliminated.
BACK TO TOP
What are the days and hours of operation?
- Please refer to the Green Box on this page, the Calendar or our Facebook page for up to the minute notices, like park updates due to weather.
What courses are kids allowed to climb by age?
Please visit our Courses page
for more information or our Rules page to see a chart that shows which courses each age group can climb.
- What are the ticket prices?
- More information, including our group rates, can be found on the
Courses page and the Reservations page.
- Is a ticket required to watch my friends/family climb?
- Tickets are only required for guests who are climbing. Feel free to walk around our park and observe or take pictures! We have trails and benches scattered throughout the park for observers.
- Can I observe before I purchase?
- Of Course! We want you to be fully confident that you will be safe and secure and have a Great Time prior to purchasing your ticket.
- What is the time duration of the ticket?
- Tickets are valid for three hours, including Ground School. You are encouraged to be prepared prior to buying your tickets (i.e. restrooms, snacks and dressed properly) so you can maximize your time in the park. Ticket sales end two hours before closing but if purchasing a ticket this late in the afternoon, you will not get a full three hours of climbing.
BACK TO TOP
Are reservations required?
- Reservations are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for general admission and you are not restricted by any time slots. Groups need to make reservations in order to receive group pricing (Group pricing starts for groups of 8 or more). For more information, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call.
- What if I miss my reservation?
- Guests who fail to show for a reservation or cancel without proper notice will not receive any refund. Guests who cancel for any reason more than 7 days before their reservation date (30 days for groups of 8 or more) will receive a full refund less a 20% non-refundable booking deposit or we will gladly move your tour to another date or time in the same year if space is available.
What clothing should I wear?
- Wear well fitting clothing that does not allow anything to hang loose or get tangled in cables and rope. Long hair and jewelry should not be left loose. Sneakers or hiking shoes are recommended. Flip-flops and sandals are not appropriate.
What equipment is provided?
- A harness, helmet and gloves are provided with your admission ticket. New gloves are also available for purchase.
- Is there a height, age or weight restriction?
- The only height restriction for the ropes courses and zip lines is that you must be able to reach the Life Line and clip onto it. The courses are for ages
6 to adult. However for our younger climbers, there are age restrictions on which courses can be used. The yellow, green, and blue courses have requirements of parent/adult supervision or participation depending on the age bracket and the course being used. For example,
6 to 9 year olds can use the yellow or green course with supervision. You must be
10 years of age to use the blue courses with adult participation. A chart with participation and supervision requirements is on the ropes courses
general rules page. Whenever adult participation is required the 1:2 adult/child ratio must be met. Regarding a weight restriction, the limit is 265 pounds.
BACK TO TOP
Do I have to be really fit to do the course?
- Most people that lead an active lifestyle and are in good health should not have any difficulty in completing many of the courses. You are able to proceed at a pace that is comfortable to you. You are also welcome to leave the ropes course and take a break. Unlike the yellow and green courses, the black courses are very challenging.
- How difficult are the ropes courses?
- The courses range from easier (Yellow) to expert (Black). Depending upon to each persons ability, the courses are relatively simple but become more physically challenging as you progress to more difficult courses. You may be unsettled at first about being 10 feet above the ground on a yellow course or 20 feet above the ground at points on a blue course. However you will find that you will begin to have fun very quickly with the challenges and the height above the ground will not be your main focus. Your attention will be focused on being balanced on each bridge you encounter. You will be secure and safe in your harness as long as you are
Always Attached. Being attached to your lifeline is the most important requirement to remember and you are responsible to be
- Can the rope courses operate in the rain?
- The Adventure Park can still be fun while it is raining. However, the park will close for severe weather such as heavy rain, thunderstorms and high winds. If small storm systems are moving through the area we try to stay open and ask our guests to take a break while they pass. Call before you travel to confirm the operating schedule.
- Is the Adventure Park certified?
- Designed and constructed by Absolutely Experiential, one of America's Premier Adventure Course Builders, The Park is built to the standards of the ACCT (Association of Challenge Course Technology) specifications, among the most stringent ropes course safety standards in the world. The Park is inspected daily and is re-certified to ACCT specifications every year.
- What Food Services are available?
- Water is available and provided, but drinks and snacks are available at The Southern Cross Ranch, unless it is closed for a private event.
BACK TO TOP
- Are we allowed to bring our own food?
- You are welcome to bring your own coolers and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass bottles please.
- What else is available on premises?
- A picnic pavilion with picnic tables, as well as
restrooms are planned for 2014. Walking and hiking trails. During operating hours at
Cross, there are Pedal Boats, Rock Climbing Wall, Bungee Trampoline, Swimming Pool, Pony Rides, Wagon Rides, Sand Volley Ball Courts, Basketball Courts, Competition Horseshoe Pits, Ping Pong Tables, Catch & Release Fishing, Water Balloon Launchers, Petting Zoo and a Full Service Restaurant. Please check with The Southern Cross for more information. All available with separate admission to The Southern Cross.
- Is there a fee for parking?
- No, parking is free for all guests.
- Are private or group lessons available?
- All participants will be provided adequate training, so lessons are not required. Arrangements can be made to hire a guide. If interested, please call ahead to make reservations to be sure that one is available.
- Do you offer season passes?
- Yes! We offer both Frequent Climber and Unlimited Climbing passes. They are now available for purchase in the park.
- Are Adventure Park gift certificates available?
- Yes, they can be purchased at the Adventure Park or on-line.
- What are the driving directions?
- Easily accessible and 1/2 mile north from Interstate 20 on Dowdy Ferry Road. Information on how to get to the park can be found on the
Map & Directions page.
- How can I contact you?
- Information for contacting Park offices or The Southern Cross can be found on the
Contact Us page.
BACK TO TOP