Trinity Forest & Southern Cross Adventure Center
Frequently Asked Questions
We are much more than just zip lines: each course includes a challenging combination of high ropes, military-style obstacles, and zip lines. On 7 wooded acres at The Southern Cross is Trinity Forest Adventure Park: built between the trees of the Trinity Forest, consisting of more than 60 platforms installed in the trees and connected by various configurations of cable, wood, and rope to form bridges, ladders, and zip lines.
So, can you just zip line? Not by itself as everyone has to do a lower level before they can move on to the next. However, as of 2022 we now have a zip only course, located on our second level! If you like swinging through the trees, you'll love this new addition!
Other than park rules, the only requirement we have is that your harness be properly worn and you are always attached by one of your carabiners to the life lines on and between each platform. The dual carabiner system that we utilize prevents both carabiners from opening while the person is attached to the wire. With this system, no one can accidentally disconnect from the wires during their Adventure. The danger of both carabiners being opened unintentionally has been virtually eliminated.
We offer 9 different courses, suitable for everyone aged 6 and up! We also feature a separate children's course, Out on a Limb, that's suitable for kiddos as young as 4 years old. Our children's course does not require a harness, and is enclosed by netting. Each course has varying difficulty level ranging from beginner to expert.
- Participants on the Main Courses must be at least 6 years of age, 48" tall, AND able to grasp a cable 60” above your head while flat footed.
- Must be at least 60" (5 ft) tall for the Blue & Black courses. Age restrictions still apply.
- See Courses chart on the Play page for age restrictions.
- All participants must complete a lower level course (Yellow/Green) before moving up to the next level.
- Sneakers, athletic, hiking or closed toed shoes required. No sandals or Crocs.
- As of 12/11/21, GLOVES ARE MANDATORY when traversing the courses. You are more than welcome to bring your own or we do have gloves available for purchase at check-in.
- Absolutely no smoking, drugs, or alcohol allowed in the Adventure Park. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be asked to leave the Park immediately and no refunds will be granted. The Course Managers reserve the right to deny access to the Park to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Women who are pregnant and anyone who has had a kidney transplant may not participate.
- All participants must complete a waiver of liability form.
- All participants must remove any dangling jewelry.
- All participants must empty pockets of any loose items that would cause injury to those below if they were to fall.
- All long hair must be appropriately fastened back so as to prevent the possibility of getting caught in any of the equipment.
- Minors (anyone under the age of 18) must be accompanied by an adult while at the park. No minors are to be dropped off and left (even if they are allowed to participate on the courses solo) at any time.
- Face masks are required indoors.
- As of 12/11/21, gloves are NOW REQUIRED at all times when utilizing the courses. Guests may bring their own gloves or purchase at check-in.
- Hydration is critical during adventure park activities. Guests may bring their own water bottles and utilize our refill stations. Additionally, water and Gatorade may be purchased at check-in
- Spectators must stay in designated areas and off the main trails.
- No more than one (1) person per element.
- Up to three (3) people per platform at a time
- Participants must be clipped in while on a platform or element, and when transferring from an element to a platform, or a platform to an element.
- Any intentional unclipping of oneself while on a park course is cause for immediate expulsion from the park.
- Absolutely no horse play and rough housing on any of the courses.
- Any horse play can result in immediate expulsion from the park.
- No jumping off platforms.
- No jumping on platforms or on elements.
- No running on or around the main platform.
- Must listen to all directions given by park monitors.
- All participants must wear snug, CLOSED TOED SHOES (athletic, hiking, etc.) No sandals, crocs, etc.
- Children under 18 are required to have a Release of Liability form signed by their parent. Adults bringing in children who are not their own must have the child’s guardian sign a waiver prior to arrival. Our waiver is available on our website in a digital format.
No. At this time, pets are not allowed within the park or on the property near park grounds.
Reservations are not required, but STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for general admission. Additionally, when you reserve online, you save $5 off the listed ticket price!*
Groups need to make reservations in order to receive group pricing (Group pricing starts for groups of 8 or more). We suggest making a reservation as soon as you've made plans--at least two to three days in advance. The website will allow you to make reservations up until the day of your event.*
*Please note that reservations must be made more than 3 hours in advance of your adventure. Most weekends book out a week in advance, so plan your trip early!
Minimum age: 4 years old (Childrens' Courses), 6 years old (Main Courses)
Minimum height: 48" tall for Main Courses
Maximum weight: 265 lbs (subject to harness fit)
Highest zip line: 50 ft
Longest zip line: 100 ft
Designed and constructed by Absolutely Experiential, one of America's Premier Adventure Course Builders, our Park is built to the standards of the ACCT (Association of Challenge Course Technology) specifications, among the most stringent ropes course standards in the world. Every element of the Park is inspected daily and is re-certified to ACCT specifications every year.
Summer Hours (June-August) are:
Monday-Sunday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Regular Season Hours (September-May) are:
Friday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
*Last tickets are sold 3 hours prior to park closing.
Please check our Facebook page for up to the minute notices such as park updates due to weather.
We offer several discounts based on your specific group's needs, including Military/Senior discounts, 4-packs (valid for ANY four people), and Groups of 8 or More tickets. Also, save $5/ticket when you make your reservation online.
Additionally, you can always check out local magazines and websites, and our social media for Promo Codes.
We also offer special pricing for Scouting groups, nonprofit groups, and camps! Contact us for more information at email@example.com
Annual Adventure Passes are currently closed for the 2021 season. Please check back for 2022!
Tickets are only required for guests who are participating, but ALL GUESTS must complete the online waiver prior to entering the Park. Feel free to walk around our park and observe or take pictures! We have benches scattered throughout the park for observers.
Of course! We know you'll have fun, but feel free to check out the courses before making your purchase. Just fill out a waiver first, and you can wander all you want.
Tickets are valid for three hours, including a 15-20 minute Ground School. You are encouraged to be prepared prior to checking in (i.e. restrooms, snacks and dressed properly) so you can maximize your time in the park. Ticket sales end three hours before closing.
Guests who fail to show for a reservation or cancel without proper notice will not receive any refund. Guests who cancel for any reason more than 7 days before their reservation date will be offered a Rain Check, which will allow you to reschedule your tour to another date and time within the next 12 months.
Wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing that does not allow anything to hang loose or get tangled in cables and rope. Long hair and jewelry should not be left loose. Sneakers or hiking shoes are recommended—closed toe shoes are required. Harnesses tend to ride up when properly fitted, so wearing longer shorts/pants may be more comfortable. Please plan to bring your own gloves or purchase some at check-in as they are NOW REQUIRED for all participants.
A harness, helmet, and climbing gear are provided with your admission ticket. While gloves are REQUIRED, you may bring your own or purchase new ones at registration.
Dependent upon your skill level and other participants, each course can take about 15-30 minutes to complete.
Children's course: 4 ft-5 ft
Yellow & Green: 12 ft-15 ft
Blue: 20 ft-25 ft
Black: 25 ft-50 ft
Park staff will take all guests through Ground School to instruct each participant how to use the equipment they're given and fully prepare them for their time in the trees. This is a self-guided adventure, so there are no staff in the courses with you, but all are accessible on the ground for assistance if needed.
Much like a ski resort, our courses range in difficulty from Yellow to Black. Depending upon to each person’s ability, the courses are relatively simple but become more physically challenging as you progress to more difficult courses. Your fear of heights may make your adventure more challenging initially, but you will be able to conquer it at your own pace in this "challenge by choice" environment.
The Adventure Park can still be fun while it is raining. However, the park may close for severe weather such as heavy rain, thunderstorms, and high winds. If small storm systems are moving through the area we try to stay open and ask our guests to take a break while they pass. Call before you travel to confirm the operating schedule.
Everyone entering the park must complete a release waiver, participating or not. If you are under 18 years old, your legal parent or guardian must sign for you.
In the Harness House, we are stocked with the following merchandise available for purchase:
T-Shirts (Multiple Colors and Sizes Available)
Concessions: Chips & Granola bars, Water & Gatorade
You can also rent a GoPro at check in or when making your reservation.
Water, Gatorade and snacks are available for purchase in the Harness House.
You are welcome to bring your own coolers and non-alcoholic beverages. No glass bottles.
In addition to the courses and climbing trees, there are several picnic tables scattered below the canopy for guests to relax, eat, and watch others as they participate. Restrooms are a short walk from the edge of the courses.
On the same 40 acres is The Southern Cross, a private events venue with indoor and outdoor activities. Ask us about hosting your next private event!
We are located about a mile North of Ih-20 on Dowdy Ferry Rd. in Dallas, TX.
If you are coming from a specific location and need driving directions, please feel free to Contact Us or type your address into the map at the bottom of that page.
Parking in our lot is free for all guests. Trinity Forest Adventure Park is not liable to any valuables left in your car.